I was tagged for this fun challenge by Gracie Mae DeLunac! The idea is that you answer the 11 questions the previous blogger asked, and then “tag” 11 other bloggers and write them eleven new questions to answer.
I know not everyone enjoys (or likes to pass along) these challenges, so I won’t tag anybody specific here. But if you take a fancy to my questions at the end, consider yourself tagged! 😀 Answer the questions on your blog, then link back here in the comments so I can see your answers.
Here are Gracie’s questions, answered by me!
1. What is your favorite movie/tv show quote? What is it from? Why is it your favorite?
That’s a tough question!! There are so many good movie quotes. I think these few tie for my favorite…
I love this quote from the captain deeply, because it reminds me of a much deeper and more beautiful truth: “Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.” – Jesus, Matthew 25:40
And my second favorite:
Every human soul has significance. None of us are unimportant.
And my other favorite:
This one I love because it reminds us that what goes on inside our heads is immensely powerful. It shapes us! (This is especially true for writers. And for reading.) Just because something is imaginary doesn’t mean it won’t impact us in a real way, perhaps for the rest of our lives.
2. What do you like to think about most when plotting (characters, plotline, plot twists, villainous acts, etc.)?
I think about characters, plot twists, and intense moments the most. The parts I’m most looking forward to writing, and the characters’ motivations, and what drives them toward each point of the story.
3. What is your preference of “apocalyptic” groups: zombies, aliens, or mutants?
Mutants all the way!!…if we’re talking X-men type mutants, that is.
4. What kind of food do you eat to feel decent enough to write?
I’m a little confused by this question, as I don’t really consider food a part of my writing prep at all, and I usually feel decent enough to write as long as I’m not having a bad day or something. For writing snacks, that totally depends on the day. Sometimes I just want a glass of water. Sometimes I want a big plate of healthy snacks like string cheese, applesauce, wheat crackers, carrots and hummus. Sometimes I want a mug brownie with a dollop of ice cream. 😀 And no, the brownie and ice cream probably don’t help me feel decent, but my mouth is fond of it…… 😉
5. Do you bring your own personal views (especially political and religious) into your tales?
I think it’s impossible not to do this! What we write flows out of our hearts; no matter how hard we try, our beliefs will show up in our writing in some way. Some of my stories portray my faith more overtly, with openly Christian characters and religious themes. In others, it shows up more quietly and symbolically. My current WIP probably has the least religious content of any I’ve written…I’ve been kind of surprised at that!
6. Would you say you “commune” better with nature when gardening [hands on], lounging outside [kinda near], or viewing it from inside your place [far away]?
Can I say moving outside? 😀 I’m weird about nature. I am more of an indoors person. And definitely not hands on so much! But I don’t find outside a very relaxing place to be. I consider it an active place to be, for the most part – I’d much rather be walking, hiking, dancing, biking, etc. than lounging! I think I subconsciously feel like if I stay still too long, the bugs will get on me more easily… Hahahaha.
7. What is the strangest/rudest thing you have ever heard your written characters say?
Well, my villain in my current WIP used a swear word in the latest chapter…..this is totally a first for me and I’m not sure what I think of this. O.o I’ve never had a character who swore before! But this is definitely what he would say….so it fits him as a character 100%. I haven’t decided yet whether to censor him. 😉
8. Paper or plastic or re-usable?
I love my re-usable bags, made by the owner of this Etsy store, Jiggety Pig! If I don’t have those with me, I prefer plastic, because…….well, to be honest, they make good sacks to tie stinky diapers in when you’re on the go. 😉 And I’m never sure what to do with a paper bag after I’m done with it. Throw it away?? They’re so sturdy and “nice” compared to plastic bags that it feels like a waste to just toss it!
Some of Jiggety Pig’s bags, because I know the maker, and the bags are awesome:
9. What movie/book/show would you say has made the most impression on you? When? Why/how?
There are so many… I’m going to go with my gut on this one and say Lord of the Rings. *happy sigh* I was obsessed with LotR throughout most of my teens. I lived and breathed Middle-Earth everything. And while I was a little bit unbalanced in my obsessions at the time, 😉 I still deeply love Tolkien’s world, because there is so much love, beauty, and truth in it. The beauty of sacrifice, the love of friendship and loyalty, and the truth of light versus darkness and nobility and courage in the face of certain death.
10. What is your favorite color?
Now that’s an easy question. Purple!!!
As a teen I painted my side of my bedroom in my favorite shade of lavender. I miss having that beautiful purple writing corner… Someday, someday, I hope to have a purple writing nook again. 😀
11. If you were able to publish one of your tales and go somewhere to showcase it (author tour, opening night for the movie, etc.), where would you go? Why?
I confess I haven’t thought about this much! I have considered a bunch of plans for future release parties for my main story-love, The Kraesinia Trilogy…foods I would serve, excerpts to read, costumes to potentially make, gifts I’d give away. It really depends on the book, I suppose! Going off my current WIP, Disillusioning, it would be awesome to do a semi-local author tour in some nearby states…sign books in Barnes & Noble and meet readers face-to-face. That would be fun.
Thanks for the fun questions, Gracie!
Here are my 11 questions to anyone who’d like to pass this challenge onward…
1. If you could have any magical/supernatural ability, what would you choose?
2. What’s one of your happiest childhood memories?
3. What is your favorite writing spot / workspace like? Why do you like to work there best?
4. What ministry or calling is closest to your heart? What’s something you dream of doing for that cause someday?
5. Chocolatey desserts or fruity desserts??
6. What was your favorite book as a small child?
7. What’s something you used to be afraid of but aren’t scared of (or not as scared!) anymore?
8. What’s your favorite kind of outfit to wear?
9. What Bible verse has God used most powerfully in your life recently? How?
10. How do you feel about rollercoasters? Love ’em, hate ’em?
11. Do you like sad endings or movies/books that make you cry? Why or why not?
Let me know if you decide to take on the challenge and send me a link to your post! I’d love to learn more about you.
EDIT: Author Yaasha Moriah answered my questions, and she had some beautiful answers! Check out her post here: http://www.yaashamoriah.com/home/sunshine-blogger-challenge-11-questions-answered